General Practice Lawyer
- Experienced lawyer wanted
- Busy firm in a high growth town
- Career progression opportunities
We are looking for an experienced lawyer for our modern Whangarei office.
Our friendly team works across a full range of general matters including commercial law, conveyancing, rural, subdivisions, relationship property, wills, estate administration, and asset planning.
You’ll need to have:
- ambition and drive
- attention to detail
You’ll get a flow of quality work with plenty of client contact and the opportunity to improve your skills and develop as a general practice lawyer. You will also have the opportunity to develop leadership skills and mentoring of junior staff.
We are building a supportive and collaborative team and pride ourselves on being down to earth whilst providing a quality service to our clients.
If you are interested in being considered for this role please forward your CV, transcript and cover letter to [email protected].
Locum for principal
We are also looking for a locum to stand in for, or assist, the principal director of our firm for the period on or around May to October 2021 (we are flexible on this timeframe and open to extend the period as well).
Your role will include working from our office in Whangarei and assisting with the following:
- Supervising and checking legal advice for our law clerks and junior lawyers in the areas of property, relationship property, commercial, estates (note – we don’t do litigation);
- Sitting in on client meetings where legal advice is required and our juniors require supervision;
- Attending some client work (if necessary);
- Attending daily meetings with legal staff and general mentoring where required;
- Signing and certifying e-dealings (you must be a Conveyancing Professional);
- Signing solicitor certificates for banks (where the bank will allow this);
- Trust account administration (with assistance from our part-time trust account administrator);
- Being available for miscellaneous questions from staff and clients;
- Monitoring staff working throughout the day including checking time sheets and absences;
- Liaising with the director when necessary.
We are happy for you to continue your own work from our office provided you are available as above.
If you are interested in discussing this role please contact Isabel Blake on 094300501 or [email protected].